1. Rosette cataract is seen due to:
a) TraumaCheck Answer
b) Foreign body
2. Cataract is seen with:
a) GalactosemiaCheck Answer
b) Congenital Rubella
d) All of the above
3. The lens derives its nutrition from:
a) AqueousCheck Answer
d) None of the above
1. (a) Trauma
Direct mechanical effects of injury on lens fibers that could be:
- Discrete subepithelial opacities.
- Early Rossette (flower) cataract: feathery lines of opacity along star shaped suture lines usually in posterior cortex.
- Late Rossette cataract: it develops in posterior cortex 1 to 2 years after injury.
2. (d) All of the above
Causes of cataract include all but not exclusive to:
- Hereditary causes: e.g. Cataracta Pulveranta, Coronary cataract
- Maternal causes:
- Infections e.g. Rubella and Toxoplasmosis
- Drug ingestion: corticosteriod
- Metabolic Disorder: e.g. Galactosemia and galactose kinase deficiency
- Oxygen deficiency
3. (a) Aqueous
Crystalline lens being an avascular structure is dependent on aqueous humor for its nutrition.
Back To Question